When is Personal Information Collected?
The Website collects personal information in various places, including when you register to receive email alerts or other information offered through this Website. We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information you provide by filling in forms on the Website;
- details of any transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfilment of your order(s);
- details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Use and Retention of Personal Information
We use personal information only for the purpose for which we tell you that it has been collected, and for other legitimate purposes as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act") and other relevant laws, and retain it only as long as necessary for those uses. If you provide information when requesting services from Home2U Estate Agents, we may use the personal information for the purposes of:
- ensuring that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- complying with your request;
- keeping you informed by email of similar products or services to those which you have requested, unless you have indicated that you would not like us to do so;
- providing you with email alerts which you have registered for;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- notifying you about changes to our service.
We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable third party websites to display our advertisements to you. We will not disclose identifiable information about our Website users to our advertisers, but we may provide them with information to help us reach the kind of audience we want to target.
Maintenance of Accurate Information
We strive to make sure that the information we maintain about our customers is accurate, current and complete and we respond to requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
Protection of Information Via Established Security Procedures
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to the Website which is why we generally only request basic information via forms. However, once we receive your information, we use strict security standards and procedures to try to prevent unauthorised access to customer information.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. Home2u will not share personal information with third parties outside of the group for direct marketing purposes without your consent.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business assets;
- if Home2U Estate Agents or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations or in order to enforce our Online Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Home2u Estate Agents, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your visits to the Website and your computer (including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type) for system administration and to report such information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
We collect such information by using a "cookie" file. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. They help us improve the Website and make it possible for Home2u to identify some of your preferences. On revisiting the Website, Home2u Estate Agents computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your previous visits. Most browsers are originally configured to accept cookies automatically.
Links to Third Party Websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Removal from Home2u Estate Agents Marketing Communications
You may want to discontinue receiving information from Home2u. While this may mean that you will not receive product or service information of interest to you, we respect anyone’s wishes not to be informed directly of these promotions or product introductions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify that you want to be removed from the email database and provide your full name and email address as confirmation.